Working within the company’s Operations Team, based at our Basingstoke offices this role is focused around assisting transport planning and providing administrative assistance to the operations team.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Transport Manager to assign and schedule transport requests
- Obtain quotes and book transport with our Third Party Logistic providers
- Monitor vehicle maintenance and ensure that repairs are carried out in a timely manner
- Assist with general purchasing for office supplies and staff clothing ensuring stock levels are maintained
- Be a first point of contact and direct incoming calls
- Keep all work related information confidential and acting in a professional manner at all times, in all work and industry-social situations.
- Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
Representing the Company:
- It is vital that you deal courteously with, customers, visitors, callers and the public at all times and represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
- Maintain a good level of personal appearance, dress and cleanliness.
- A generally cheerful demeanour, engaging personality and sense of humour would be a huge advantage in making a success of this role.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of IT including ability to use email, spreadsheets etc.Experience working within a transport department would be beneficial but not required
- Fluent in English and an ability to understand and follow instructions
- Methodical and motivated individual, with a passion for accuracy and excellence.
Location – Basingstoke
Salary – negotiable according to experience.