Salary – £23,000 – £30,000 + per annum, depending on experience
Working within the company’s Technical Services Team, this role is responsible for:
- Working within the Technical Services Team ensuring repairs and projects are completed in a timely manner
- Providing technical input to equipment preparation standards to improve hire stock reliability and quality
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- To undertake equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, design and manufacturing of bespoke projects.
- To fully test (including PAT) all completed repairs so that equipment is returned to hire stock as soon as possible
- To provide a responsive and rapid assessment of equipment presented for repair to ensure equipment is returned to hire stock as soon as possible
- To be a point of escalation for complex repair issues and to determine if an item should be repaired in house or outsourced to a 3rd party.
- Manage repairs with external suppliers & manufacturers ensuring that items are dealt with in a timely manner
- Build relationships with manufacturers to ensure smooth supply of parts and expertise
- Monitor equipment failures/damage to improve departmental processes to reduce the frequency and potential of damage
- To ensure the department workshop is always maintained in an efficient and organised manner with all tools and equipment accounted for.
- Oversee training of warehouse staff with both internal and external courses in structured and unstructured sessions
- Provide input into the specification of new equipment
- Manage the procurement of spare parts ensuring a stock is maintained of commonly required items to reduce potential downtime of equipment
- Join the out of hours call out rota
- Provide support to the Directors, in other aspects of business activity, as required, requested and directed.
- Keep all work related information confidential and acting in a professional manner at all times, in all work and industry-social situations.
- To work with your line manager to ensure all operations are risk assessed and control measures are in place and being adhered to.
- Be aware of and comply with the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
- Communicate with suppliers where purchase invoice queries exist and resolve discrepancies
Representing the Company:
- It is vital that you deal courteously with customers, visitors, callers and the public at all times and represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
- Maintain a good level of personal appearance, dress and cleanliness.
- A generally cheerful demeanour, engaging personality and sense of humour would be a huge advantage in making a success of this role.
- Good working knowledge of entertainment lighting equipment is critical for this role with additional knowledge of rigging equipment being highly beneficial
- Previous experience working in an entertainment rental company with an experience of equipment preparation or repairs would be highly advantageous
- Practical knowledge of electrical and mechanical repairs
- Ability to diagnose faults and identify suitable repairs.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Good communication / interpersonal skills.
- Have natural commercial awareness, and an ability to see the bigger picture as well as detail;
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- Eloquent. Able to write a proposal and express an idea or concept to internal and external stakeholders, either written or verbal.
- Numerate. Able to use spreadsheets and IT to monitor budgets, profit margins etc.
- Excellent verbal communication, with good telephone manner and strong spoken language skills.
- Methodical and motivated individual, with a passion for accuracy and excellence.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive.
Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.