This role takes responsibility for the planning, delivery and management of key lighting & rigging projects for the company. The role involves the profitable and efficient delivery of rental and production projects, including the coordination, pre-production, systems design and delivery across a broad range of market sectors.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as Project Manager in all areas of delivering a project; to include calculating technical specifications, equipment, crew schedules, power and structural specification, transport requirements, etc. This project handling will be practically, administratively and commercially.
- Produce Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) for projects and keep abreast of the company’s H&S Policy and current industry regulations and best practice.
- Handle rental enquiries for both dry-hire and full-service production clients. Process client requests and issue quotations / proposals for services efficiently.
- Prospect and develop long-term client relationships.
- Take the lead in the preparation and presentation of proposal documents and quotations.
- Negotiate and secure orders for quoted services to drive maximum value for money for clients, combined with profitable and efficient supply by the company.
- Match client requirements to available rental stock to maximise profitable delivery and execution on specific projects.
- Provide and coordinate out of hours support and advice to active projects and clients, across the productions managed.
- Locate and negotiate prices for orders for requirements of sub-hired equipment from the company’s suppliers for specific projects.
- Monitor project progress and act as point of contact for clients in the event of any changes or additional requests throughout the project.
- Keep job files for each project updated and available for input from other team members.
- Prepare project invoices and close job file upon completion of each project.
- As required, coordinate equipment prep stage of a project within the company’s warehouse facilities, to match clients requirements. Liaison with Operations Dept., in the completion of the show prep process and successful delivery of equipment orders to match client expectations.
- Identify and locate potential projects and sales opportunities for TSL, feeding information back to team members and reporting line manager. Actively coordinate sales intelligence information and input from broader team and discuss and input at regular business development meetings.
- Keep the Directors and company’s systems up to date with all aspects of client contact, project progress and prospective commercial contact, both positive and negative.
- Assist clients to specify equipment lists from plans and outline specifications. Assist with sourcing relevant production details from the customer, monitoring and follow up.
- Managing any project changes and customer confirmations, collating and reporting all charges to be invoiced.
- Attend production and site meetings as required.
- Undertake client visits and site visits, as directed and under own initiative.
- Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Good communication / interpersonal skills.
- Commercially astute. Good understanding of profitability, margin protection, cost control.
- Ability to manage a situation and effectively deal with both junior and senior colleagues.
- Good working knowledge of a range of current lighting and rigging equipment and practices.
- Strong IT knowledge
- Eloquent. Able to write a proposal and express an idea or concept to a client or industry partner, either written or verbal.
- Numerate. Able to use spreadsheets and IT systems to monitor budgets, profit margins etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is paramount.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- Full driving licence, own transport and passport required.
- Ability to travel within UK, Europe & internationally, often at short notice.
Location – Basingstoke
Sam Tamplin, Managing Director, TSL Lighting Ltd.