Working within the company’s Operations Team, this role takes responsibility for the In/Outbound operations of our Basingstoke warehouse, including supervision and management of the team. The role is hands-on and requires a high level of involvement in the delivery of the company’s services. Due to the nature of the role it involves a close working relationship with the Assistant Warehouse Manager and the Heads of Department.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take overall responsibility for the in/outbound department.
- Ensure the punctual and complete dispatch of rental equipment orders by the warehouse / operations team.
- Provide line management and task allocation to In/Outbound staff.
- Monitor and control hours worked by direct reports, in accordance with company employee handbook and relevant legislation.
- Ensure that all operational and health & safety procedures and practices are maintained, observed, operated and enforced at all times.
- Maintain standards of presentation and functionality of rental equipment, in accordance with company’s preparation procedures and as directed. This includes visually, electrically and operationally.
- Maintain and update inventory control systems and update stock levels on all rental assets and stock items as they leave/enter the warehouse.
- Maintain shared storage areas such as pallet racking and containers to ensure good utilisation and availability of space
- Ensure all working areas are kept clean and efficiently organised by all members of the In/Outbound team.
- Assist with the stock check on all rental and sales stock items, as scheduled and as required.
- Provide training and guidance to full time and casual staff, to ensure company standards are maintained and policies and procedures adhered to.
- Take overall responsibility for the checking-in of equipment returned from rental projects. Ensure all items are correctly returned and that any shortages and damages are swiftly notified to the appropriate project manager. Ensure that all equipment is swiftly and efficiently returned to a hireable condition and neatly stored.
- Ensure there is a primary point of contact with customers and drivers visiting the company’s premises to collect or return orders and equipment.
- Liaise with transport department to ensure all sub-hired equipment is received and returned punctually. As well as checked to be complete and documented to eliminate additional costs from sub hire suppliers.
- Leading the team in the loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles. The role involves an element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical equipment.
- Be part of the on call rota for the Basingstoke warehouse
- As directed, provide support to the other teams within the company, to assist in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required.
- Keep all work related information confidential and act in a professional manner at all times, in all work situations.
- Identify any areas of our operation where you believe training and additional skills may be required or benefit yourself or the business.
- Provide feedback within immediate team and to Reporting Line Manager of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified.
- Provide feedback to Line Manager of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified. Take a role within the team in problem solving and contribute to team & business improvement.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
Representing the Company:
- This role involves dealing with customers of the company. It is vital that you deal courteously with customers and the public at all times and represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
- An element of line management is required and you will need to represent and explain the company’s position and stance on the control of its procedures, standards and policies.
- Maintain a good level of personal appearance, dress and cleanliness.
- A generally cheerful demeanour, engaging personality and sense of humour would be a huge advantage in making a success of this role.
- Keep abreast of any technical issues and new products that will enhance our rental inventory and services offer.
Skills & Qualities Required:
- Good communications / interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to respond to short-notice changes in working hours and schedules.
- Practical ability in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Electrical and electronics knowledge an advantage.
- Full UK Driving Licence, to include categories B (cars and vehicles up to 3500kg).
- Clean driving licence preferred. Maximum of 3 penalty points on licence for minor offences only.
- Previous knowledge of lighting / technical equipment.
- Good knowledge and experience of warehouse management.
- Good IT knowledge with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Outlook etc.
- Numerate. Basic maths skills and arithmetic required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to provide and receive input from other team members is vital.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.
Application Closing Date: 17/2/2020