Salary: Up to £35,000.00 per annum (pro-rata) depending on experience.
Part-Time: 25 hours per week.
This is an office based position.
Reporting Line Manager: Account Director
About the Role
To provide day to day HR support and guidance across TSL Lighting acting as the first line support for HR queries across all areas. This role will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the HR administrative processes, maintaining accurate HR data whilst also providing HR advice to managers and employees.
What you will be doing
HR Administration responsibilities
- Drafting and sending employment offers and setting up new starters on the HR system, ensuring all paperwork is received in a timely manner.
- Manage the general HR administration e.g. responding to changes to terms and conditions, probationary confirmation letters.
- Manage the onboarding and induction process for new starters.
- Collate all changes for payroll.
- Manage the leaver process such as arranging exit interviews and subsequent follow-up, updating the HRIS system, sending acceptance of resignation letters and updating payroll administration.
- Manage the HR inbox, escalating more complex queries as required to our HR Consultant.
- Producing HR reports using the HRIS system, eg. Bradford Factor reports.
- Be a custodian for HR data, ensuring accuracy and working in accordance with GDPR.
- Supporting with recruitment activities as required such as arranging interviews and ensuring a great candidate experience.
HR Advisor responsibilities
- Report on sickness absence, supporting line managers to manage absence in line with Company policy.
- Deliver induction activities for new employees and monitor the probationary process, providing advice and guidance to managers when needed.
- Take the lead in understanding the HRIS and how to make the best use of its applications and data. Work with the Directors & HR Consultant to analyse HR data and identify follow up actions.
- Understand and build familiarity with all HR policies and support the drafting of new policies when required.
- Support the co-ordination of the key HR lifecycle activities, such as the 1 to 1 process.
- Supporting in activities and initiatives that support the development of the Company’s developing the companies Employee Value Proposition, such as employee engagement, benefits enhancement, events, internal and external branding.
- Other ad-hoc HR project work as required.
The skills and experience that you will bring
- Excellent HR administrative skills with experience of working in HR as an HR Assistant or HR Advisor
- A good understanding of payroll and HR processes
- CIPD Level 5 or studying towards this would be an advantage
- A good understanding of HR legal requirements and legislation
- Highly organised and able to work at pace
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships
- Highly numerate; able to carry out complex date calculations, holiday entitlements etc
- Strong IT skills
- You’re a skilled communicator with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- You’re a problem-solver and like to roll your sleeves up and get involved in removing barriers and finding simple effective solutions
- You’re professional, with a credible demeanour
- You drive for excellence and want to provide an effective HR service to the business
- You’re diligent with high attention to detail
- You’re naturally collaborative in your approach, and have confidence to question if unsure
- You’re discreet and tactful in handling sensitive and confidential matters
- You are committed to fairness, equality, and inclusion
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.