Working within the company’s Hire Team, this role involves two primary areas of activity:
- Provide practical support to members of the Hire Team, assisting in the planning, coordination, and delivery of a broad range of hire projects.
- Efficiently respond to rental enquiries from the company’s clients and to handle incoming enquiries and develop customer satisfaction & relationships.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handle rental enquiries for dry-hire and trade-rental clients. Process client requests and issue quotations / order confirmations for services efficiently.
- Identify, locate and negotiate prices for orders for requirements of sub-hired equipment from the company’s suppliers for specific projects.
- Prepare all paperwork and keep job files for each project updated and available for input from other team members.
- Prepare customer invoices and close job file upon completion of each project.
- Manage and build relationships with existing hire clients
- Identify and locate potential hire opportunities for TSL, feeding information back to reporting line manager.
- Managing any project changes and customer confirmations, collating and reporting all charges to be invoiced.
- Provide support to the Directors, in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required, requested and directed.
- Keep all work related information confidential and acting in a professional manner at all times, in all work and industry-social situations.
- Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
- Communicate with customers to resolve invoice / payment queries on sales invoices for hires and projects
- Communicate with suppliers where purchase invoice queries exist and resolve discrepancies
- Answer and handle incoming telephone enquiries in a professional and polite manner.
- Maintain content on the TSL web site with regards to the hire department and related areas
- Maintain the asset database within the rental management software Hiretrack
- Follow up in a timely manner with customers with respect to late returns from projects ensuring missing items are returned or invoiced in a sensible time frame.
Representing the Company:
- This role is truly a “public face” of the company. It is vital that you deal courteously with, customers, visitors, callers and the public at all times and represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
- Maintain a good level of personal appearance, dress and cleanliness.
- A generally cheerful demeanour, engaging personality and sense of humour would be a huge advantage in making a success of this role.
- Good communications / interpersonal skills.
- Have natural commercial awareness, and an ability to see the bigger picture as well as detail;
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- Experience in technical theatre / entertainment & events would be an advantage.
- Eloquent. Able to write a proposal and express an idea or concept to a client or industry partner, either written or verbal.
- Numerate. Able to use spread sheets and IT to monitor budgets, profit margins etc.
- Fluent English speaker, with good telephone manner and strong spoken language skills.
- Methodical and motivated individual, with passion for accuracy and excellence.
- Have strong computer skills and be quick to learn new programmes and procedures;
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.
Location – Basingstoke