- Working within the company’s Operations Team, this role is responsible for:
- Managing the Technical Services team ensuring repairs and projects are completed in a timely manner
- Providing technical input to equipment prep standards to improve hire stock reliability and quality
- Providing expert advice on products to both internal staff and external clients
- Following training become a LEEA Qualified Engineer to work with other Qualified Engineers to ensure that LOLER examination projects for TSL’s own equipment are completed.
- Manage and maintain policies and associated paperwork related to regulatory requirements such as LOLER and PAT testing.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage workload of tech services team which includes equipment repairs, preventative maintenance and development and manufacturing of bespoke projects.
- A point of escalation for more complex issues and decide if to repair internally or outsource the repair where suitable
- Provide support for site based staff and clients primarily remotely but on occasion you may be required to attend site to provide assistance
- Manage repairs with external suppliers & manufacturers ensuring that items are dealt with in a timely manner
- Build relationships with manufacturers to ensure smooth supply of parts and expertise
- Provide line management for Technical Services staff
- Monitor equipment failures/damage to improve processes to reduce the frequency and potential of damage
- Oversee training of warehouse staff with both internal and external courses in structured and unstructured sessions
- Provide input into the specification of new equipment
- Manage the procurement of spare parts ensuring a stock is maintained of commonly required items to reduce potential downtime of equipment
- Ensure that customer repairs are carried out in a timely manner keeping the client or account managers updated with progress
- Join the out of hours call out rota
- Provide support to the Directors, in other aspects of business activity, as required, requested and directed.
- Keep all work related information confidential and acting in a professional manner at all times, in all work and industry-social situations.
- Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
- Communicate with suppliers where purchase invoice queries exist and resolve discrepancies.
Representing the Company:
- It is vital that you deal courteously with, customers, visitors, callers and the public at all times and represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
- Maintain a good level of personal appearance, dress and cleanliness.
- A generally cheerful demeanour, engaging personality and sense of humour would be a huge advantage in making a success of this role.
- Good working knowledge of entertainment lighting equipment is critical for this role with knowledge of rigging being highly beneficial
- Previous experience working in an entertainment rental company with an experience of equipment preparation or repairs would be highly advantageous
- Practical knowledge of electrical and mechanical repairs
- Ability to diagnose faults and identify suitable repairs.
- Ability to lead a team and manage workloads
- Good communication / interpersonal skills.
- Have natural commercial awareness, and an ability to see the bigger picture as well as detail;
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- Eloquent. Able to write a proposal and express an idea or concept to internal and external stakeholders, either written or verbal.
- Numerate. Able to use spreadsheets and IT to monitor budgets, profit margins etc.
- Excellent verbal communication, with good telephone manner and strong spoken language skills.
- Methodical and motivated individual, with a passion for accuracy and excellence.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.
Location – Basingstoke
Salary – negotiable according to experience.