Working within the company’s Operations Team, this role involves taking charge of the preparation, servicing and presentation of a wide range of rigging equipment. As a key member of the broader operations team, the team leader will be responsible for managing other members of the team as required. The role also involves monitoring and maintaining the high standards of rental equipment, for which TSL is known.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and undertake the servicing, preparation, testing, cleaning and packaging of the company’s rigging stock within the company’s warehouse.
- Provide input and supervision into the maintenance and repair of full range of company’s rental stock including manual and electric hoists, stands, trussing and loose rigging.
- Supervise staff to ensure that all work areas are kept clean, tidy and efficiently organised.
- Maintain and monitor a stock of spare parts and specialist tools.
- Provide assistance to the company’s Warehouse Manager, in the efficient scheduling and application of resources.
- Checking-in of equipment sub hire to ensure that all items are included and that sub-hired equipment is prepared to the same standard as our own.
- Checking-out of customer orders to ensure that all items are included, and delivered operational and cleanly presented.
- Checking-in of equipment returned from hire, against paperwork. Log and report any shortages or damages in a timely manner.
- Loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles. The role involves an element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical equipment.
- As directed, provide support to the other teams within the company, to assist in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required.
- Keep all work related information confidential and act in a professional manner at all times, in all work situations.
- Identify any areas of our operation where you believe training and additional skills may be required or benefit yourself or the business.
- Provide feedback within immediate team and to Reporting Line Manager of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified.
- Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy and preparation procedures.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
Representing the Company / Supervising Employees:
- This role involves dealing with employees and customers of the company. It is vital that you deal courteously with customers and the public at all times and represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
- Maintain a good level of personal appearance, dress and cleanliness.
- A generally cheerful demeanour, engaging personality and sense of humour would be a huge advantage in making a success of this role.
Skills & Qualities Required:
- Previous experience of working within a rental company maintaining, repairing and servicing a range of loose rigging, trussing, and lifting equipment are a prerequisite.
- An understanding of LOLER, PUWER, and other relevant legislation would be an advantage.
- Good communications / interpersonal skills. Fluent speaker of English language.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to respond to short-notice changes in working hours and schedules.
- Practical ability in the use of hand tools and electrical / electronic test equipment.
- Good IT skills. Knowledge of Google Workspace would be an advantage.
- Numerate. Basic maths skills and arithmetic required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to provide and receive input from other team members is vital.
Location – Basingstoke
Salary – negotiable according to experience.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.