Salary according to experience – £25,000 – £45,000 per annum.
TSL is one of the most rapidly growing and successful stage lighting hire companies developing in the live events industry. This success can be attributed to the combination of a focus on offering quality products, supported by a high level of service, skill and attention to detail.
Our aim is simple – to provide the best quality lighting and rigging services available in the production industry. Quality is at the heart of everything we do, not only with the equipment that we supply but in the services that our team provides alongside this. Our most important asset is our people, who share in this vision and each member of our team plays a major role in achieving this. The Company is in its 15th year of trading and continues to see significant growth and diversification within the business. Our teams serve the corporate, theatre, marketing, festival and concert touring markets.
Reporting Line Manager: Warehouse Manager
- Working within the company’s Operations Team, this role involves taking charge of a team in the preparation, servicing and presentation of a wide range of lighting and rigging equipment. As a key member of the wider operations team, the department manager will be responsible for line management of other members of the team as required. The role also involves monitoring and maintaining the high standards of rental equipment, for which TSL is known.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide line management to direct warehouse reports, as per company’s organisational chart.
- Manage and evaluate all direct warehouse reports identifying further training needs, shortfalls in staffing levels, overtime requirements and temporary labour needs.
- Constantly evaluating staff training needs through internal on the job training and external courses where appropriate and identify any areas of our operation where you believe training and additional skills may be required or benefit yourself or the business.
- Supervise and undertake the servicing, preparation, cleaning and packaging of the company’s inventory within the company’s warehouse.
- Provide input and supervision into the maintenance and repair of the full range of the company’s rental stock.
- Implement quality standards, providing training and direction to the department. Document prep procedures and standard operating procedures using the company training and documentation software.
- Supervise staff to ensure that all work areas are kept clean, tidy and efficiently organised.
- Maintain and monitor a stock of spare parts and specialist tools.
- Provide assistance to the company’s Warehouse Manager, in the efficient scheduling and application of resources.
- Checking-out of customer order to ensure that all items are included and delivered and operational and cleanly presented.
- Checking-in of equipment returned from hire, against the computer system. Log and report any shortages or damages
- Take responsibility and ownership for regular stock take and missing items for your department. Ensure the stock levels for your department are correct at all times.
- Take responsibility and ownership for the safe check in of new equipment including, branding, serial number collecting, barcoding and liaising with our Asset Manager.
- Loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles. The role involves an element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical equipment.
- As directed, provide support to the other teams within the company, to assist in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required.
- Keep all work related information confidential and act in a professional manner at all times, in all work situations.
- Provide feedback within the immediate team and to the Reporting Line Manager of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified.
- Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy and preparation procedures.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
Representing the Company / Supervising Employees:
- This role involves dealing with employees and customers of the company. It is vital that you deal courteously with customers and the public at all times and represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
- Maintain a good level of personal appearance, dress and cleanliness.
- A generally cheerful demeanour, engaging personality and sense of humour would be a huge advantage in making a success of this role.
Skills & Qualities Required:
- Previous experience of managing a team and workload.
- Previous experience of maintaining, repairing and servicing a range of lighting and rigging equipment would be beneficial, but not essential as training can be provided.
- Good communications / interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to respond to short-notice changes in working hours and schedules with the ability to work overtime.
- Practical ability in the use of hand tools and electrical / electronic test equipment.
- Electrical and electronics knowledge an advantage.
- Previous knowledge of a full range of entertainment lighting / technical equipment, broader than moving and generic lanterns would be an advantage.
- Good IT knowledge with a working knowledge of Google, Microsoft
- Understanding of Networking utilised in IT systems and entertainment lighting control.
- Numerate. Basic maths skills and arithmetic required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to provide and receive input from other team members is vital.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.We are no longer accepting applications for this ad.