Full Time and Part Time positions available.
Salary range: £20,000 – £24,000 (pro rata for part time positions)
Reporting to: Department Manager & Warehouse Manager
Based in Basingstoke at the company’s equipment facility, this role involves:
- Working within the company’s Operations Team, in the Moving Lights department, where your responsibilities include the preparation, servicing, testing, cleaning and packaging of the company’s lighting equipment.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out the servicing and preparation of the company’s wide range of moving light fixtures. As your experience builds this will extend to maintaining and repairing equipment.
- Checking-out equipment: ensuring that all items going out on the hire list are present, operational and cleanly presented.
- Checking-in of equipment: ensuring that all items are returned from the hire list. Log and report any shortages or damages.
- Keep all work areas clean, tidy and efficiently organised.
- The role involves an element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical equipment.
- Provide support to the other teams within the company, to assist in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required.
- Keep all work related information confidential and act in a professional manner at all times, in all work situations.
- Identify any areas of our operation where you believe training and additional skills may be required or benefit yourself or the business.
- Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy and all traffic laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
Representing the Company:
- This role involves dealing with customers of the company. It is vital that you deal courteously with customers and the public at all times and represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
- Maintain a good level of personal appearance, dress and cleanliness.
- A generally cheerful demeanour and sense of humour would be a huge advantage in making a success of this role.
Skills & Qualities Required:
- Good communications / interpersonal skills. Fluent speaker of the English language.
- Experience of maintaining, repairing and servicing a range of moving light fixtures, generic lanterns and entertainment lighting equipment would be an advantage.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to respond to short-notice changes in working hours and schedules.
- Practical ability in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Electrical and electronics knowledge is an advantage.
- Forklift licence an advantage but not necessary
- Previous knowledge of lighting / electrical / technical / IT networking equipment would be an advantage.
- Basic IT knowledge with a working knowledge of Google Drive, G-Mail etc.
- Numerate. Basic maths skills and arithmetic required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to provide and receive input from other team members is vital.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.